Cabernet Sauvignon Poached Pears
It is Cabernet Sauvignon Day today. What better way to celebrate it than to drink but also cook with it? These pears have intense Cabernet and spice flavours. Serve it on a bed of Greek Yogurt as a dessert or serve the pears on your cheese platter. The Three Gen from Berry Wines has been made from only the best Cabernet Sauvignon Grapes in Stellenbosch, treat yourself to this special bottle of wine. Cheers!!
- 2 cups Three Gen Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 x cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 4 just-ripe pears, peeled
- 250g Double Cream Greek Yogurt
- Combine the wine, sugar, star anise, cinnamon, and vanilla bean in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add the pears and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, turning occasionally, for 1 hour or until pears are tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer pears to a bowl.
- Increase heat to high and bring the syrup to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Pour over the pears and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Transfer the pears to a serving dish on a bed of the Double Cream Greek Yogurt and drizzle with syrup.